For more information on Area 11, please visit the Digital Haunt Wiki
Extract from area11.band Area 11 are a rock band, who are combining Western rock with traditions of Eastern music to form a Gaijin Rock band. Taking their cue from the music found in popular Japanese animation, the band mix punishing lead guitar lines, synth hooks and soaring vocals to deliver a polished and upbeat sound, which is both familiar and unique.
Area 11 are also known for co-operating with the Yogscast, mainly by composing music for them. The most famous piece is the Yogscast's outro music, which is based on a tune of Area 11's song Euphemia. Upon the release of their first album, the outro was put on the end of their song Vectors. Sparkles* was also a competitor in the Survival Games, and Crown Conquest (along with Parv).
Area 11 is the YouTube channel run and maintained by Area 11. It was created in June 4, 2011. It has over 100,000 subscribers and over 7,000,000 views.
- Tom Clarke (Sparkles*) – Vox, Keytar, Keyboard, Acoustic Guitar
- Alex Parvis (Parv) – Guitar
- Jonathan Kogan (Kogie) – Bass, Saxophone
- Leo Taylor – Drums
- Adam Davis - Storyboards, Illustrations, Animation Director, Visual Director, Videographer
- Sparkles*' Keytar - Roland AX-Synth (White)
- Sparkles*' Synthesizer - Roland Juno Di (Black) (as seen in the acoustic version of Shi no Barado)
- Sparkles*' Acoustic Guitar - Faith Venus Concert CE (this is actually Turps' guitar)
- Jonathan Kogan's Bass Guitar - Sterling by Musicman S.U.B Series Ray4
- Alex Parvis' Guitar - ESP Horizon NT-II (See-Thru Black)
- Blackline EP (2011)
- BLACKLINE 「COMPLETE」 (2013)
- All The Lights in the Sky (2013)
- Underline EP (2014)
- Modern Synthesis (2016)
- DOTA 2 Beta Key (2012)
- Knightmare/Frame (2012)
- Reply Boyz (2012)
- Minecraft Christmas (2012)
- Shi no Barado (2013)
- GO!! Fighting Action Power (2013)
- Knightmare/Frame Original (re-release) (2013)
- Homunculus (2014)
- Versus (2015)
- Watchmaker (2016)
Area 11's music is influenced by many different Anime and these include:
- Vectors - Elfen Lied
- Euphemia, Knightmare/Frame and Area 11 -Code Geass
- Tokyo House Party- Fooly Cooly
- Shi no Barado (feat. Beckii Cruel) - Death Note
- The Strays - Cowboy Bebop
- Dream & Reality - Bakuman
- Heaven-Piercing Giga Drill, All The Lights in the Sky (album) and Black Hole Giga Drill - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
- The Legendary Sannin - Naruto
- Human is Dead, Mismatch - Steins;Gate
- Homunculus - Fullmetal Alchemist
- GO!! Fighting Action Power- Bravoman
Some of Area 11s musical influences include:
- ONE OK ROCK
- The Pillows
- Asian Kung Fu Generation
- The Brilliant Green
- Maximum the Hormone
- Biffy Clyro
- Paul Gilbert & Mr Big
- Enter Shikari
- At The Drive-In
- Iron Maiden
- An orchestral remix of Euphemia became the outro theme to the Yogscast YouTube channel 'BlueXephos' after a copy of Blackline EP came into Lewis Brindley's hands. A closer mix of the theme was also included at the end of Vectors, on their All the Lights in the Sky album.
- Many other sections of their songs appear on different Yogscast videos, such as; Bōsōzoku Symphonic in the Reverse World Animation, AniMay and some Top 5 videos.
- Many of the band's works are references to anime. For example, the songs Euphemia and Knightmare/Frame, the band name Area 11, or Sparkles*' name on Facebook (Sparkles li Britannia) are all references to the anime Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion. In the anime, colonized Japan is referred to as "Area 11".
- Sparkles* revealed his real name on one of the Christmas Livestreams.
- Parvis was the first person to reveal Sparkles* real name in the first installment of '11 minutes with Area 11'.
- Someone called Lee designed the Area 11 digital eye logo.
- All of Area 11's links can be found here.