"You cheeky bugger."
Lewis Brindley, under the username Xephos, born on October 22, 1983, is a founding member of the Yogscast. Lewis, along with Simon, run the "main" Yogscast YouTube channel. On that channel, they upload an enormous variety of content, such as Minecraft adventure maps and mini-games, Garry's Mod, the occasional indie game, and many collaborations.
Yogscast Website SummaryEdit
Lewis founded The Yogscast in 2008, with the goal of sharing Simon with the world. Since then, the channel has grown to become one of the largest in the UK and Lewis remains the de facto leader of the team - balancing Simon’s boldness with reason and caution.
Education and Career Edit
In 2000, Lewis, then only 16 years of age, entered The Daily Telegraph Young Science Writer Awards with his article "Breathe Slowly and Keep Asthma at Bay." In the article, Lewis reveals that he has had asthma his entire life, but his condition was improved by the Buteyko method. Lewis won the "Younger category" of the awards for his article on the alternative asthma treatment, and had a picture taken with Princess Anne.
The Royal Society of Chemistry was the place of employment for Lewis Brindley while he worked there as a Freelance Science Writer/Journalist from August 2006 to September 2010. Lewis' experience included "writing news and features for the Royal Society of Chemistry's magazine Chemistry World, more than three hundred articles published," and "regular attendance at press briefings across the country and reporting back from conferences abroad, such as the EU Chemistry Congress held in September 2008 in Turin." Several of the articles that were written and published by Lewis in Chemistry World can be found on the website of the Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Lewis and Simon's YouTube channel initially started out as a World of Warcraft "How-To" channel, in which they uploaded videos of their guild, Ye Olde Goone Squade, killing bosses, with commentary on how to beat said boss in the foreground.
- Lewis is allergic to cats and kernel, but not almonds.
- Lewis has a master's degree in chemistry.
- Lewis went to school with the actor, Joe Thomas.
- In SethBling's "Pile of Bodies" Minecraft map, Lewis' statue was included and his head was full of torches, which is a reference to Lewis' excessive torch use in Minecraft.
- Lewis had camped a lot as a child and completed the Duke of Edinburgh's Award gold level, as well as being in the Army Cadets.
- Lewis is 5 feet, 7 inches tall (170 cm).
- Lewis used to play the clarinet.
- Lewis voiced Thunder Flame, one of the two heads of a dragon in the Polaris series of Broken Quest.
- Lewis' Minecraft skin is based on William Riker from "Star Trek: The Next Generation."
- Lewis had laser eye surgery.
- Lewis has stated that his favourite football team is Ipswich Town.
- Lewis and Simon were the guests on episode 23 of The Shaft Podcast.
- Lewis' blood type is A, his grandmother's was O and his grandfather's was AB Positive.
- Lewis' great grandmother was a French farmer.
- Lewis once walked down Chelford High Street dressed as a Worm from the "Worms" series of video games for charity.
- Lewis has been electrocuted three times, once whilst trying to fix a lightbulb in his bathroom whilst he was living in a student house, once when he was tazed by a friend called Dave and another when he was trying to climb over an electric fence during The Duke of Edinburgh.
- Lewis was pepper sprayed in Cadets.
- Lewis' World of Warcraft character, Xephos, is a draenei hunter, his alternate character, Zephos, is human death knight, his other character, Xukuva, is a tauren paladin, and his additional character, Xephiel, is a blood elf hunter.
- Lewis comes from Essex.
- Lewis used to date Hannah Rutherford. They broke up in March 2015.
- Lewis used to be called "Hat Boy" after he came to school wearing "The Hat", as its called by Lewis and Simon.
- Lewis is the son of Alan Brindley.
- Lewis dislikes coffee.
- Lewis drinks this tea made in a pot Indian style when he's at the office and in the middle of recordings.
- Lewis drinks this tea at home in a big mug.
- Lewis has a younger brother named Ralph.
- Lewis has written an article about asthma which can be seen here.
- Lewis has a west highland terrier dog named Scotty.
- Lewis lives in a third storey apartment.
- His username, 'Xephos', was originally spelled 'Zephos', as his main World of Warcraft character was called this. The name change came about when Lewis used the spelling 'Xephos' for his Minecraft account's username, presumably due to the fact that Zephos was already taken.
- "The thing is..."
- "You cheeky bugger."
- "Fuckin' Hell."
- "Oh bugger."
- "Are you alright there, friend?"
- "For fucks' sake!"
- "Um, holy shit, son."
- "Mother of god."
- "Don't worry 'bout it."
- "Look, it's fine."
- "Well, there you go."
- "Careful, friend!"
- "This is a disaster!"
- "You guys are just the worst!"
- "Balls to it."
- YouTube (1)
- YouTube (2)
- YouTube (3)
- Google+ (1)
- Google+ (2)
- Google+ (3)
| Content Producers: Lewis Brindley (Xephos), Simon Lane (Honeydew), Paul Sykes (Sjin), Duncan Jones (Lalna), |
Chris Lovasz (Sips), Hannah Rutherford (Lomadia), Martyn Littlewood (InTheLittleWood), Joakim Hellstrand (Rythian),
Liam MacKay (Nilesy), Chris Trott (Trottimus), Alex Smith (Alsmiffy), Ross Hornby (Djh3max),
Kim Richards (NanoSounds), Sam Thorne (Strippin), Keith Steinbach (BebopVox), Zoey Proasheck (Zoeya),
John Cochrane (Panda), Dave Bagnall (DaveChaos), Steven Goates (Ridgedog), Matt Needler (iFirez),
Phil Southam (BruteAlmighty), Toby Cottrell (SoTotallyToby), William Strife (Linkthe1st), Mark Turpin (Turpster),
Ted Forsyth (Pyrion Flax), Alex Parvis (Parv), Rick van Laanen (Zylus)
Business: Dave Boddington (Bodders)
Community: Anya Ferris (MintyMinute), Si Melton, Ben Edgar
Producers: Tom Clark (Angor)
Audio: Sam Gibbs, Adrian Ruiz, Niall
Editors: Adam Davis, Tom Bates, Colin Bassett, Alex Turner,
Artists: Ørjan Aarvik (Teutron), Nina-Serena, Harry Marshall (VeteranHarry)
Animators: Ciaran Askew (Ceeraanoo)
Other: Nathan Ditum, Rob Pearson, Dave Jackson, Matt Toffolo