Mark Hulmes is a content producer of the Yogscast network. He joined The Yogscast in September 2015 as the new Community Manager and left the position in July 2017 to work as a content creator for the High Rollers D&D and Tabletop Weekly series he founded whilst working as the Community Manager.
Mark has been a Community Manager for previous companies for 8 years, covering the MMORPGs RuneScape, WildStar and Blade & Soul. In London, he spent a year working as an actor and voice artist (a sample of Mark's voice acting talents can be heard on his SoundCloud). He also met the people behind PlayStation Access.
In 2015, given his interest in tabletop role-playing game (RPG), Mark hosted Hat Films' Star Wars Roleplaying Game livestream, Episode IX: A New Hat, during the Yogscast Jingle Jam 2015 on December 10. Its sequel, Episode II: Return of the Chevin, aired about a year later and also hosted by Mark.
In 2016, following the positive responses from the Hat Films' livestream, Mark goes to create and host the series, High Rollers D&D. It first aired on January 15 and is currently running two main campaigns, Lightfall and Uncharted Territory. In September, Mark co-hosts the Madden NFL 17 series with Kim Richards. On November 26, Mark started Tabletop Weekly, a YouTube channel dedicated to tabletop RPG. Mark has also hosted several tabletop RPG livestreams during Yogscast Jingle Jam 2016.
In 2017, Mark continues to host various Hat Films' tabletop RPG livestreams. On July 5, Mark transitions into Content Producer, effectively dropping his role as Community Manager. This allows him to focus full-time on High Rollers D&D and Tabletop Weekly, as well as new projects such as creating homebrew contents for the Dungeon Masters Guild and writing a novel.
Being a fan of Dungeons & Dragons, Mark regularly participates in D&D campaigns in his own time with his friends and colleagues. He is known to be friends of Chris Perkins and Matthew Mercer, in which both are dungeon masters of their own D&D series.
- The following table shows the games and series' Mark Hulmes has played or participated in. Please note that the Current list only contains series uploaded to the creators channel in the last 30 days.
- Mark moved into Bristol from London on September 2015 to more easily work at YogTowers
- Mark is sharing his flat with Nina-Serena, an artist at YogTowers, and they have been together for over 6 years now
- Mark enjoys playing Civilization
- As well as sharing names, it is noted that Mark sounds similar to Mark Turpin, earning him the nickname "Turps 2.0". This has been referenced several times, with Mark even doing impressions of Turps on occasion, and the pair singing a duet during the 2015 Yogscast Jingle Jam karaoke livestreams. The CaffCast was added to this pairing as "Turps 3.0" when he joined the Yogscast since he also looks similar to Mark Hulmes
- Together with Nina-Serena, Mark Hulmes used to upkeep a weekly web-comic named LeLattè
- Mark shared that he is a fan of My Little Pony
- Mark can imitate a large number of characters including C-3PO, Christopher Walken, Gollum/Smeagol, Mark Turpin, Strong Bad, and Rick Sanchez
Merchandises and Subscriptions