Minecraft (or MC for short) is an independent sandbox indie game, developed by Mojang, made by current Chairman of the Board and former lead-designer and developer of Mojang, Markus "Notch" Persson. The current lead designer and developers are Jens "Jeb" Bergensten and more recently Nathan "Dinnerbone" Adams and the composer is Daniel "C418" Rosenfeld. Minecraft is on all of the following platforms: PC, Android, iOS, Xbox 360, Raspberry Pi, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, PS Vita and Wii U.
These are the multiple versions of the game, each from a different stage in development.
- Classic - is entirely construction. It has an unlimited material supply, no mobs, and no health. It lacks goodness and many of the items that are in the alpha/beta/full-game and does not have a day/night cycle. A lot of fly mods were created for this, and it would technically be the first creative version.
- InDev - an early survival mode, without crafting and had a short world limit.
- InfDev - another early survival mode that started near infinite world generation.(It was still a work in progress)
- Alpha - came between Classic and Beta, the Alpha stage drew the vast majority of Minecraft players to the game, the game requires players to acquire resources themselves. It contains mobs, health, and additional features and items. The gameplay is inspired by Dwarf Fortress, Dungeon Keeper, and Infiniminer. The main update of the Alpha stage was the October "Halloween Update", which added a lot of new items and features to the game.
- Beta - similar to Alpha. Stage required the player to collect resources and craft tools and weaponry. The only difference between Alpha and Beta is the addition of more items, these items were included per-patch/update. Click here for a brief video of a mining accident and general gameplay. The main update of Beta was "the 1.8 Adventure Update" in which the gameplay was astronomically modified along with the addition of Strongholds (massive, ancient-looking dungeons).
- Release - final stage of the game, the full-game version was released on the 11th November, 2011 and, to celebrate, Minecon followed.
- Development versions (Pre-releases) - Mojang started pumping out updates to download during beta 1.8 so you can test and have an opinion on the next update.
- Current Update: Minecraft 1.8.8
- Secret Friday updates (Alpha): Various updates that added minor fixes to the game.
- Halloween Update (Alpha): Added jack-o-lanterns, pumpkins, fish items, clocks and the Nether
- Adventure Update pt. 1 (Beta): Added strongholds, silverfish, hunger, increased combat abilities, sprinting, endermen, melons and villages.
- Adventure Update pt. 2 (Full game): Continued by putting villagers in the villages, added The End, was the official release of Minecraft.
- Pretty Scary Update (Full game): Added various decorations like pots and frames, ability to dye armor and collars, new potions, wither skeletons and the Wither boss, carrots and potatoes, with the ability to control where a pig goes using carrots.
- Redstone Update (Full game): Major tweaks to redstone, how it behaves, new redstone devices, changes to bone meal, addition of Minecraft Realms, TNT carts and Nether quartz. Skeletons shoot at faster rates.
- Horse Update (Full game): Dinnerbone is currently working on adding much more mobs to Minecraft in 1.6, such as horses. DrZhark, creator of Mo' Creatures, is working with Mojang to create these mobs. Other changes include leads, hay, horse armor and the ability to name mobs using name tags.
- Biome Update (Full game): Added more achievevements and made fishing more fun. Two new types of tree, eleven new biomes, a new world type and changed the way that biomes spawn.
- Twitch Update (Full game): Added one-click streaming for Minecraft to Twitch.
- Minecraft 2.0 (Used as an April Fools joke by Mojang): Adds many things the community has requested for a very long time, such as horse mobs. Also adds things Notch originally thought impossible, such as tinted glass. Some other changes include hostile and diamond chickens, exploding animals, TNT slabs, burning out torches and much more. For the full changelog, click here.
The subject of much of the Yogscast's content has been Minecraft. Initially, Lewis and Simon's coverage of Minecraft appeared to take the form of a traditional Let's Play, although, after a series of unusual happenings, it evolved into a partially improvised comedy drama. The Yogscast then expanded to produce video coverage of Minecraft updates, and shorter series' consisting of Simon and Lewis taking on custom "challenge" maps. Thus, they began the Minecraft Series. Their main feature after three Seasons included Tekkit with Simon, Lewis, Duncan, Sips, and Sjin working on constructing and establishing the Jaffa Cake Factory, later merging into YogCraft and joined by many other Yogscast members. A side Minecraft series, YogLabs, was also started where smaller mods to Minecraft were experimented in narrative form. In mid-2014, the Yogscast created their own modpack, the Yogscast Complete Pack, which was available on the ATLauncher. In 2015, they have moved to a Resonant Rise 3 server.
|Conquest — Minecraft|
|Minecraft PS4: Going For Platinum! - #1||Watch||N/A|
|Minecraft PS4: I Spy Mushrooms - #2 - Going For Platinum!||Watch||N/A|
|Minecraft PS4: Honeydew`s Top Tips! - #3 - Going For Platinum!||Watch||N/A|
|Minecraft PS4: Health And Safety First! - #4 - Going For Platinum!||Watch||N/A|
|Minecraft PS4: The Cave In - #5 - Going For Platinum!||Watch||N/A|
|Minecraft PS4: Danger Zone! - #6 - Going For Platinum!||Watch||N/A|
|Minecraft PS4: Lion Tamer - #7 - Going For Platinum!||Watch||N/A|
|Minecraft PS4: Off to the Nether - #8 - Going For Platinum!||Watch||N/A|
|Minecraft PS4: Ghast Hunting - #9 - Going For Platinum!||Watch||N/A|
|Minecraft PS4: Brewing Up Potions - #10 - Going For Platinum!||Watch||N/A|
|Minecraft PS4: Master Builder! - #11 - Going For Platinum!||Watch||N/A|
|Minecraft PS4: DJ Ruff - #12 - Going For Platinum!||Watch||N/A|
|Minecraft PS4: Make a Farmer out of you! - #13 - Going For Platinum!||Watch||N/A|
|Minecraft PS4:The Cow Prom - #14 - Going For Platinum!||Watch||N/A|
|Minecraft PS4: Cave Diving - #15 - Going For Platinum!||Watch||N/A|
- For a full list of series', see Category:Minecraft.
Going For Platinum! Note: Simon joined Martyn from Episode 1 through until Episode 10. Sjin replaced Simon starting in Episode 11.