|Real Name||Liam J. MacKay|
|Usernames/Aliases||Nilesy, Nilesyy, Nilesy_, NilesyRocks|
|YouTube Channel||YOGSCAST Nilesy|
|Member Since||July 2012|
|Working at YogTowers?||No|
|Occupation||Youtube Partner with Yogscast Ltd, Call Centre (Part-Time)|
|Partner||John Cochrane (HybridPanda), Hannah Rutherford (Lomadia), Paul Sykes (Sjin)|
"How's your day been?"
"Cara bella, cara mia bella!"
Liam J. MacKay, also known as Nilesy, Nilesy_ or Nilesyy (pronounced Nile-zee) is a Scottish member of the Yogscast. He joined the Yogscast in July 2012. He is the only one of the Yogscast who plays Team Fortress 2 regularly. He also plays World of Warcraft and The Binding of Isaac. He manages the YouTube channel NilesyRocks.
Nilesy's just this guy, y'know?
Nilesy started his YouTube channel with hand drawn pictures and then moved on to video games such as Minecraft and World of Warcraft . He met the Yogscast around the time that they began posting Cataclysm videos and joined Kungaloosh Anonymous to raid with them. He soon started making videos for Machinima and soon after, Nilesy joined the Yogscast. He started a series with Sjin called "Diamonds in the Rough", in which they attempt to find good adventure maps among ones that are rated poorly, or are undiscovered.
Nilesy, teamed up with Panda, fell to the armed Sjin within the first couple of seconds into the game. When all the dead players got revived, he was amongst the first ones of them to die, killed (again) by Sjin's bare hands.
Later in the series, he applied for a job as Sjin and Sips' pool boy. However, he answered some of their questions incorrectly, but was dropped into a pit after revealing he was Scottish. He redeemed himself by answering Sips' final question correctly, but there was still no way to bring him back up to the surface, so Sjin activated the crushing device, killing him. His items were then sucked up by a pipe and into a chest. Sips and Sjin then found his marble house built near their compound and scrapped it for the marble blocks.
Some time afterwards, Rythian and Zoey found out that he built the pool in the town of NewPool. He later founded his own company 'Nilesy's Best And Greatest' specializing in the sale of portable pools for ten diamonds or 'friendship'. After a while babysitting Zoey's baby volcano Jim and building Zoey, Rythian, and Teep a pool, he left them. He has since teamed up with Hannah to help out at Lombucket Industries.
In Round 1, he and Panda were put into the 'Watery Cage of Shame' by Ridgedog due to Sips framing them. Panda went up onto the mage tower where he found the voodoo doll and Nilesy was scouring the immediate surroundings until he found a bow and a stash of arrows. Nilesy and Panda later reunited at the tower. They encountered Lewis and Duncan, who managed to kill Nilesy. Lewis killed Panda who was unable to use his voodoo doll due to low hunger. The doll then fell into the possession of Lewis, who used it to knock off Alsmiffy of the Hatfilms and, much later, also GameChap off the winners' podium.
In Round 2, Nilesy went to the jail first and got two zombie spawner eggs which he used on Sparkles* and Parv, and with the zombies' help, he managed to kill both of them. Later on in the game, Nilesy and Panda both drowned.
In Round 3, at the beginning of the game, Nilesy entered the jail, but unfortunately set off a trap which spawned the two zombies that killed him. Panda died much later due to fall damage when he freaked out at Sparkles*' billhook.
Binding of Isaac
Was renamed to The Binding of Nilesy early on in the series, and was a constant, long-standing video release until recently. Videos are still released occasionally, however due to lack of views (and therefore revenue) the series is slowing down. Binding of Isaac is a frequently played game on Nilesy's livestreams as his goal is to get all of the Steam achievements for the game and complete all of the in-game challenges.
- TF2 with Nilesy (Team Fortress 2)
- Feed The Beast with Hannah (previously Tekkit)
- Diamonds In The Rough with Sjin
- Slender (or The Haunt)
- Nilesy Does Desura
- Rogue Legacy
- Knights of Pen and Paper (Soon to be finished, as confirmed by Nilesy. Was voted as the most popular series to be ended by fans)
- Papers, Please
- Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
- Typing of the Dead: Overkill
- Game Dev Tycoon
- Risk of Rain
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
- Dead Space 3 with HybridPanda
- The Binding of Nilesy (The Binding of Isaac)
- FTL with Nilesy (Faster Than Light)
- They Bleed Pixels
- Guild Wars 2
- Let's play WoW!
- Battle Ground Adventures
- Amnesia Scream-a-Thon
- Nilesy Goes: Back to the Future! (Back to the Future: The Game)
- Bit.Trip Runner 2 RAGE.
- Badger Trails (Youtube Geek Week)
- Paranautical Activity
- Typing of the Dead
- Ghostbusters: The Video Game
- Cry of Fear with Zoey (hiatus)
- Saints Row: The Third with HybridPanda (hiatus)
- "You shut your mouths you BASTARD KIDS!" - Nilesy, 2013 (During The Walls 2 Part 1)
- "Not on my fuckin' watch!"
- "You son of a gun!"
- (Sung) "It's time to....Tekkit to the limit with Nilesy, Tekkit to the limit with Nilesy, Nilesy, yeah!!!"
- "I'm using my sexy cold voice."
- "No, we're getting a little too far into fan-fiction there."
- "I was lagged... That chicken! I was stuck on the chicken!"
- "No, no, we love Iceland! It was a joke!"
- "/tp Nilesy_ Sjin"
- "Every pool boy must one day grow up to be a pool man!"
- "Shut up, Sjin, ya bampot!"
- "It may have been Snape, but if it was Snape... THEY'RE WRONG! Because my hair is so much nicer than Snape's."
- "I know this place like the back of my watch, and I don't even wear a watch... know what I'm saying?"
- "AAAH! Panda come down here, Panda come down here, Pandapandapandapandapanda, oh my god I'm gonna die, pleeaase come down here, oh my god... I'm dead I'm dead... *dies* *THUMP* " (Crown Conquest Round Three)
- "Flippin' Flippers!"
- "Rythian, look, I'm jumping!"
- "I made Sips that pool for free! And what did I get? Murdered."
- "And uh... Look, just take this glass and get away from me."
- "But, uh... if you hear the pool talking to you, don't tell anyone, got it?"
- "Oh you son of a gun!"
- "[My laugh] is like 'ha ha ha *snorts* Oh my God none of that please'"
- "Strippin would take his shirt off for £5 if you threw it at him in the street."
- "I fucking love bees"
- "Theres some sexy jazz guitar in this song now."
- "Protessional strem"
- "Hooray! We're actually doing something in Tekkit!"
- (when playing Minecraft with someone and failing at his task) "Meanwhile..."
- (when he fails at something) "GOD DAMMIT!"
- "Bang, bang, BANG, WHAT?! Okay. *laughs uneasily* Okay. Ha ha ha, this game is fun, you should all buy it. He he he..."
- "There's a thin line between sucking and not."
- "NO, don't come down here mister cat! (after falling in a ravine)
- "I'm a HUUUGE cat."
- (when playing TF2) "Hey everybody. It turns out that when I mashed the keyboard in rage, I accidentally stopped the recording."
- "Oh, come on!"
- "Oh, fuck you!"
- "Oh shit!"
- (when playing a game on GirlsGoGames) "DISASTER!"
- "We're ugly! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"
- Nilesy has a cat named Lyndon.
- It has been mentioned that Nilesy bears a significant resemblance to Severus Snape, and on the Yogscast forums, a slight one to Lewis in a wig.
- When Nilesy laughs, he snorts, and then doesn't allow himself to laugh again for "like two days".
- At the end of his videos, he sings his "Outro Song", causing many people to faint.
- Nilesy claims the J in his name stands for Jawesome, with a silent J.
- His nickname, "Nilesy", came from the character Niles Crane of a once popular TV show, "Fraiser".
- His skin is based on Dwight Schrute from, 'The Office' (US).
- Nilesy sings a lot in his videos.
- Nilesy has confirmed he thinks Fluttershy is cute.
- Nilesy worked as a call center agent in the morning and records videos at the evening. Nilesy quit his job on November 29th 2013 so he can make Youtube videos for the Yogscast full time.
- Nilesy reads Homestuck.
- On 8th December 2012, Nilesy led the Yogscast Charity Livestream for the night, accompanied by Zylus and HybridPanda.
- Nilesy has a world record on kissing Zylus's mother.
- Nilesy also had a DPS world record on Hodir on World of Warcraft.
- After beloved donator Kjetil Andre Holen donated £1000 to the Charity Drive, Nilesy sang "Cara Mia" from the Portal 2 soundtrack, much to the amusement of Zyluss, Duncan, HybridPanda and all 17 (thousand) people watching the stream.
- Nilesy spent the entire livestream the 8th of December 2012 wearing just his boxers and a wifebeater.
- Nilesy has a large range of accents as demonstrated on the 8th of December 2012 during the Yogscast Christmas Livestream.
- One of Nilesy's new years resolutions is to lose weight, as mentioned on the 11th episode of his Tekkit series.
- Nilesy has the most Yogscast partners that he regularly plays with, which are Sjin, Hannah, and Panda (although this could be debatable, for Sjin partners frequently partners with Sips, Duncan, and Nilesy, the exact same number of people).
- Nilesy let a bunch of chickens into the Crooked Caber, much to the irritation of Rythian and the pleasure of Ravs, as well as eating the squids. How and why he got so many chickens into the Caber is still shrouded in mystery.
- Nilesy suffers from social phobia AKA anxiety disorder. This is also present in Zoey Proasheck.
- Nilesy had a channel before NilesyRocks called NilesDiLux, and also one called NilesyRawr (which has since been deleted). NilesDiLux was his channel during film school and NilesyRawr had restrictions on partnership, so Nilesy deleted it and made a new channel, NilesyRocks.
- Nilesy made some short films while in education that can be found on NilesDiLux.
- Said his father was a "dickhead" and doesn't celebrate father's day because of it.
- Nilesy stated on a livestream that he doesn't listen to much music in his own time as it get's stuck in his head, sometimes stopping him from sleeping.
- Nilesy describes himself as an "Achievement Whore", as he loves to get achievements (particularly on Steam) and complete in-game collections.
- Nilesy's favourite superhero is the Crimson Bolt.
- Nilesy loves the TV show "Supernatural".
| Members: Simon Lane (Honeydew), Lewis Brindley (Xephos), Duncan Jones (Lalna), Paul Sykes (Sjin), Chris Lovasz (Sips), Hannah Rutherford (Lomadia), Liam J. MacKay (Nilesy), Joakim Hellstrand (Rythian), Zoey Proasheck (Zoeya), Martyn Littlewood (InTheLittleWood), Sam Thorne (TheStrippin), John Cochrane (HybridPanda), Kim Richards (Nanosounds), Alex Parvis (Parv), Steven Goates (Ridgedog), Rick van Laanen (Zylus), Dave Bagnall (DaveChaos), Chris Trott, Alex Smith, Ross Hornby (Hat Films)|
Community: Anya Ferris (MintyMinute), Si Melton (Skelitor77), Tom Perkins (IBringTheFunk)
Technical: Steven Goates (Ridgedog), Tom Clark (Angor), Sam Gibbs (Boatman)
Business: Mark Turpin (Turps)
Editors: Adam Davis, Kim Richards (NanoSounds), Tom Bates (TPBates), Colin
Area 11: Tom Clarke (Sparkles*), Alex Parvis (Parv), Jonathan Kogan (Kogie), Leo Taylor
Animators: Fredrik Malmhake (FredMalm), Ciaran Askew (Ceeraanoo)
Artists: Ørjan (Teutron), Harry Marshall (VeteranHarry), Ferazhin, Nina-Serena (Uni)
Associates: Ben Fry (Benji), Nicholas Buccino (Daltos), Jonathan Whitten (Ravs), Jon Evans (Teep), Stephanie Louise (Kaeyi Dream), Toby Cottrell (SoTotallyToby), GameChap