|Real Name||Markus Persson|
|Working at YogTowers?||No|
|Occupation||Game developer, owner/founder of Mojang AB|
Markus Alexej "Notch" Persson is the owner of Mojang AB and the creator of the hit sand-box game: Minecraft. He released Minecraft in patches and updates until Minecon 2011, its official release. He then passed on the creative authority to Jens "Jeb" Bergenstein.
Notch has not been directly involved in the Shadow of Israphel series, but he was mentioned several times as the God of Minecraftia. In Granny Bacon's Funeral he can be seen just about the time 3:04 when Lewis first walks in to the church. He was also "spotted" in a livestream, however it was just a bot. Notch appears along with Deadmau5 in the Fairytale Of SipsCo. video, however it remains unknown if it's actually them or bots (though Lewis said on a Christmas Livestream that it was actually him). Notch has also been interviewed by Simon and Lewis during Minecon 2011. Following Minecon, Notch accused Simon and Lewis of "f-bombing" a young child when signing autographs. The situation was quickly defused and the Yogscast and Notch continue to work closely together.
- He created Minecraft as a side project on his own
- Mojang AB was founded by him
- He has a blog: http://notch.tumblr.com/
- He realized how much he loved his father when his father fell through thin ice. Luckily, the water was not deep and he swam out. The blog post for that can be seen here: http://notch.tumblr.com/post/37823268132/i-love-you-dad
- After the official release of Minecraft, Markus passed the creative authority of Minecraft to Jeb
- He was working on a space game, 0x10c until August 19th 2013. The community is now developing the game.
- While still in school, when telling his career counselor his goal to become a game developer, his counselor told him "that's probably not going to happen."
- During the early versions of Minecraft, rumoured were spread that a character called "Herobrine" would stalk and kill the player in their world. Many individuals claimed to have seen this white-eyed "Steve" character, but failed to provide any proof. As a result of the Herobrine rumours, people began saying that Herobrine was the internet handle Notch's late brother. However, Notch has since revealed that neither Herobrine or his "late brother" actually exist.
- He appeared on episode 100 of The Shaft.
- He donated $10,000 to Child's Play in October 2013 during the Mindcrack Marathon.