"HELLOOOOO! I'M PROFESSOR GRIZWOOOOOLD!"
"It appears I have fallen off a cliff!"
"It appears I have died! I'm writing this from beyond the grave; if you recieve it, I'm going to haunt you, you son of a bitch!"
Professor Horatio Grizwold (Prof_Grizwold in-game), sometimes spelled Grizwald, is the man who assembled Verigan's group of heroes during the quest to destroy the first Hellgate. He was attacked by a "Viner" (the early name for Creepers in Minecraftia) outside the castle housing the portal, although it is revealed that he had survived, but it had appeared that he died in "Prof. Grizwald and the Adventure of the Pyramid," when his log mansion was attacked by Orcs armed with exploding arrows. He appeared in a more recent adventure, "Professor Grizwald and the Redstone Keys", where the heroes find a journal of the professor. It says that the Restonians had a diamond mine where he was looking for before he went looking for the pyramid. In "Professor Grizwold and the Redstone keys" it is revealed that Grizwold hid a portal under his bedroom in the "Adventure of the Pyramid" and may have lived through the orc attack.
In the Custom Map Episode "Mountain Of Kikatchu Part 2" it mentions a Professor Burben, who is discovered to be his brother (even if they have a different last name). It is also discovered that his famous accent is regional, from the area of Kikatchu. Recently, Honeydew and Xephos found a man named Professor Webley in Cloning Facility 4, where he had been trapped for months, who claimed to be Professor Grizwold's grandson.
- Professor Grizwold's in-game skin is loosely based on Henry Hatsworth, from the Nintendo DS Game Henry Hatsworth in: The Puzzling Adventure.
- According to Lewis, at one point Simon somehow forgot how to speak in his own voice, and substituted it with the Professor Grizwold voice for about a week.
- Lewis once exclaimed that he cannot hear "Congratulations!" without hearing the Grizwold voice in his mind.
- Even though Professor Grizwold originated in a Custom Map, he is one of the most well-known characters in Shadow of Israphel.
- A strange thing to note is that the professor's skin bears slight resemblance to that of Bertie's of Gamechap's world.
- In February of 2017, Simon played as a character named Professor Grizwold in Yogsquest 5 Call of Cthulhu.
In a poll that was held from January to February 2013 on this wiki with all Season 3 characters to choose from, Professor Grizwold was placed 5th overall with 172 votes out of 4412 votes.