"See ya later, Shitlord(s)!"
Simon Lane, also known by his username Honeydew is born on March 14, 1978. He is a founding member of the Yogscast, and runs the main Yogscast YouTube channel with Lewis Brindley. On the channel, he is known for playing a dwarf in any situation he can, renowned for being a strongman, entertainer, astronaut and a budding musician.
Lewis and Simon have uploaded an enormous variety of content, such as Minecraft adventure maps and mini-games, Garry's Mod, the occasional indie game, and many collaborations. Some of Lewis and Simon's most popular Minecraft series include YogLabs, Jaffa Factory, JaffaQuest, Hole Diggers, Deep Space Mine, Lucky Block Challenge, and of course, Shadow of Israphel. In his Minecraft content, he has a fondness of pigs, Jaffa Cakes, fire and things that explode.
Yogscast Website SummaryEdit
Simon is the creative force behind The Yogscast, known as the singer of "Diggy Diggy Hole" and "The Man of a Thousand Voices, all of which sound oddly similar". Simon’s charm, wit and endearing silliness are unmatched. Simon is the best!
Simon took a hiatus from the Yogscast in March 2015, with a video explaining his sudden absence relating it to unspecified medical issues tied into an unexpected visit to the hospital. Although he was released from the hospital a few weeks later, it was claimed that he wanted to take some time off in order to recover before returning to actively working on video content. A further passing mention in a Yogscast vlog in June simply said that he was getting better, and that his friends hoped he would be fully recovered soon. Simon returned to making YouTube videos on September 25 where he made his first appearance in 6 months in Trials Of Skobbels Episode 1.
Solo Projects in Association with YogscastEdit
Simon has, on rare occasions, managed to hijack the BlueXephos channel on YouTube, enabling him to post content in which he is the central character. This content tends to be superficially innocent and light, but upon closer examination reveals a twisted, diabolical malevolence and passive aggressive Machiavellian instinct that can only mean Simon's ultimate goal for the Yogscast is total world domination. These videos generally fall into two basic yet far-reaching categories, which are: Simon Sings, and Simon Plays. Oh, and let's not forget that "Pooping Butt" video. The Simon Plays (insert game here) series are simple Let's Play videos of various computer/console games such as Portal 2; occasionally voiced in character, with a narrative thread roughly maintained throughout the video. The Simon's Songs series of videos is a collection of brief musical interludes wherein Simon does his best vocal impersonation of a cat being used to clean a rug. These videos demonstrate Simon's mind at work, as he eventually arrives at the perfect understanding of the two key critical lyrical elements that have defined success for one of his favourite musical artists, Parry Grip, culminating in what is bound to be one of the top music videos of 2011, Elephant Having A Wank. The actual category the video will fall into, best or worst of 2011, is still in doubt.
- Simon is known to have a rather ridiculous fondness for Jaffa Cakes, which he mentions in countless videos. His love for Jaffa Cakes ultimately leads Lewis, Duncan, Sjin, and Sips to assist him in building a Jaffa Cake Factory as the goal for their Tekkit series.
- Simon's bedroom light got shot by Lewis with a confetti gun on their 1 million subscriber celebration video.
- Simon's car was crushed some time during the early episodes of the YoGPoDs.
- Inside Simon's bedroom, he has a cardboard cut out of Doctor Who character Amy Pond. Simon's relationship to Amy has been brought up on multiple occasions, notably when Simon goes to kiss Amy on New Year's Day, only for his headset to fall off. During the Rezzed 2014 Q&A panel, Simon mentioned that he still had the cutout, most likely meaning he still has it today.
- Simon's obsession with Tina Barrett was revealed to have come from a pilot episode of the YoGPoD which was recorded prior to YoGPoD 1: Snowscast and has yet to be released to the public. This was brought up in the first few episodes of the YoGPoD and, despite being persuaded by Stayven of Ensidia on the Nordrassil Radio Interview, Lewis and Simon don't have plans to release the podcast anytime soon.
- It was also revealed in YogTrailers and more specifically, during the episode of the trailer for the Katy Perry Sweet Treats DLC for The Sims 3 that Simon has an affection for both Katy Perry and Olivia Wilde.
- In the early episodes of the YoGPoD it is revealed that Simon smoked. One particular occasion was when he was "half out the window having a fag", and Lewis was telling him the top 5 jokes of the Edinburgh Fringe Festival for that year. Simon no longer smokes but still has nicotine capsules which was revealed on their video, The Dropper 2 Part 2 
- Simon has once failed a course in astrophysics whilst studying at Cardiff University.
- Sometime during Simon's stay in Cardiff, he was kicked off a radio show after calling the host a bastard, live on air, for interrupting an Alanis Morissette song.
- In SethBling's Minecraft map, Pile of Bodies, Honeydew's head had a command block with the command "/give Honeydew 46 64", a reference to the magical spell with the same name.
- In "InTheLittleBox - Famili.. YOGS!", Martyn Littlewood reported that Simon enjoys singing the phrase "its deep underground!" from Screw The Nether while using the bathrooms at YogTowers due to the echo that the room supplies.
- Simon once put a tin can in the microwave as said in Planetoids Part 3 
- SEGA has released a downloadable Simon Lane character for the PC version of Sega All-Star Racing Transformed, with all proceeds going to charity. The character is inexplicably and rather lazily referred to as "Yogscast" rather than "Simon Lane" or "Honeydew" in-game.
- Simon commented on Twitter that he likes to imagine his inclusion in the game means that he is now a canonical part of the Sonic the Hedgehog universe.
- Simon voiced Bubble, one of the two heads of a dragon in the Polaris series of Broken Quest.
- In Minecraft Diversity #19, Simon confirms that Charles is his middle name.
- It took 22 episodes for Simon to find out that Shadow of Israphel was scripted.
- Simon, along with Lewis, was a guest on episode 23 of The Shaft.
- Simon mentioned in YoGPoD 27 that the first game he ever played "was most likely Jet Set Willy or something like that."
- Simon is near-sighted as one eye is much worse than his other. This causes him to have different strengths of lenses in his glasses, meaning that one eye looks larger than the other.
- As of YoGPoD 27, Simon stated that he had a Blackberry phone, however in Turpster's video about his car dying during the Heroes & Generals Challenge, Simon is seen recording with an iPhone. When this transition happened in unknown. It was previously mentioned by Martyn in one of his InTheLittleDream vlogs, however, that Simon now has an iPhone 6.
- Amongst his other nicknames and aliases, for a short period of time in 2010, his Steam name was Alejandew, presumably a play-on-words of the Lady Gaga song 'Alejandro' and Simon's username 'Honeydew'.
- As of YoGPoD 27, the most "baller" thing Simon has ever done was when he once punched a woman whilst in a bear costume. Simon also revealed in the YoGPoD that the most "gangster" thing he has ever done is high-fiving a black man.
- Simon has done the ice bucket challenge and donated to ALS like other yogscast members such as Brent Copeland, Martyn Littlewood, John Cochrane, Sam Thorne and Hannah Rutherford.
- During one episode of the YoGPoD, Simon mentioned that his and Lewis' fathers are called Alan.
- As told by Lewis during their Rezzed 2014 Q&A panel, Simon worked as a security guard at an elderly people's home before going full-time on YouTube.
- When Simon went to the Career Advisor during school, he was told that it would be good for him to go into Insurance and become an Insurance Actuary, although no one, other than those in the insurance industry, knows what an actuary is.
- In the early years of the Yogscast, Simon famously wore a bright blue Superman hoodie. However, it was mentioned by Simon during the Rezzed 2014 Q&A panel that he no longer has it within his possession as it got too wore out to wear anymore.
- The Superman hoodie was what he wore when he first met Warwick Davis in meet & greet event in a shopping mall in Essex in 2010.
- Also in the earlier years of the Yogscast, Simon used to live in a shared house with a housemate, 2 of which we know of. A man by the name of Simon Ricards (the spelling of his surname was never specified) who was mentioned to have been courting a woman in the house downstairs whilst Simon was shouting at Lewis upstairs and James, the most memorable of the two who was mentioned multiple times in the YoGPoD.
- Simon once had an OKcupid profile and account, as mentioned during a YoGPoD episode in which Simon and Lewis discuss Simon's best matches and worst enemies according to the number of questions that Simon answered. No Yognau(gh)t has ever found this account so it is to be assumed it was taken down after Simon and Lewis' skyrocket in popularity however it could also be possible that Simon met somebody through the site and hence, he took the account down as he no longer had use for it.
- Simon is an self-professed Atheist.
- Simon has several cats.
- "When I grow up, I'm going to be a potaytoe"
- "Follo' me, I'll lead the way!"
- "Fack off!"
- "See ya later, shitlords!"
- "Balls to this!"
- "That's a very nice everything you have there. It would be a shame if something were to happen to it."
- "Come ere' ya bugger!"
- "I am a Dwarf and I'm Digging a Hole!"
- "Trucking Tuesday! Honk Honk!"
- "Literally Hitler!"
- "Still a better love story than Twilight!"
- "Hey! Listen!"
- "Swampy! Awayyy!"
- "Professor Grizwald!"
- "Ahh, little piguu."
- "Thanks Obama"
Title - Character - Year
- Dwarfs!? - Tutorial VO - 2011
- Heroes of Newerth - Professor Repulsor - 2011
- Awesomenauts - Skølldir - 2012
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - Yogscast (Himself) - 2013
| Content Producers: Lewis Brindley (Xephos), Simon Lane (Honeydew), Duncan Jones (Lalna), Paul Sykes (Sjin), |
Chris Lovasz (Sips), Hannah Rutherford (Lomadia), Kim Richards (NanoSounds), Martyn Littlewood (InTheLittleWood),
Chris Trott (Trottimus), Alex Smith (Alsmiffy), Ross Hornby (Djh3max), Mark Turpin (Turpster),
Joakim Hellstrand (Rythian), Liam MacKay (Nilesy), Keith Steinbach (BebopVox), Zoey Proasheck (Zoeya),
John Cochrane (Panda), William Strife (Linkthe1st), Ted Forsyth (Pyrion Flax), Rick van Laanen (Zylus)
Editing: Tom Bates, Alex Turner, Matt Toffolo
Technical: Tom Clark, Sam Gibbs, Adrian Ruiz
Community: Ben Edgar, Harry Marshall, Mark Hulmes
Art: Nina-Serena, Ciaran Askew
PlayStation Access: Nathan Ditum, Rob Pearson, Dave Jackson