The Yogscast, incorporated as Yogscast Ltd, are a group of YouTube broadcasters who produce gaming-related video content, focused around their main YouTube channel, YOGSCAST Lewis & Simon (formerly BlueXephos), with additional content syndicated through a wider network of YouTube channels.
Who are The Yogscast? Welcome traveler! Please take a seat and I will tell you a tale as old as time itself. Let me tell you about, the Yogscast.Edit
So back in 2008 a young man named Lewis decided that he needed to share his best friend Simon’s charm with the world. From his back room he started a little YouTube channel called BlueXephos. They gained initial renown for some of the most respected and entertaining World of Warcraft boss guides to this date. The duo then founded the #1 ranked podcast, the YoGPoD - a show featuring hilarious banter and tales with the occasional celebrity guest.
In 2010, Simon and Lewis showed YouTube viewers across the globe how to survive a night in Minecraft. This went on to form the basis of one of the most popular serialised shows on YouTube, The Shadow of Israphel.
Getting to this point had not been a two man job. They had received help from so many sources - Guildmates, friends, family and even complete strangers. Some of whom wanted help setting up their own YouTube channels, to which Lewis and Simon were only too happy to oblige. So The Yogscast started growing. Initially it was just the lovely Hannah, creative Duncan and magnificent Sips but soon many more were to follow. The Yogscast was no longer just a YouTube channel but now a whole family.
So now, 6 years later with over 20 million subscribers, billions of views and more than 20 channels in the mix, The Yogscast shows no sign of slowing down. No longer just sticking to uploading videos of the favourite games, mods and adventure maps, the guys have expanded their content to include exceptional animations, music videos, tabletop games and live action pieces. Including the occasional tank, of course.
The Yogscast has grown to include some of the most talented musicians, animators, editors, writers, artists and business minded people around, but our aim still stays exactly the same… To always have fun with our friends.
The Yogscast is made up of many members, but the most well-known ones are the YouTube Content Producers. They are:
- Lewis Brindley (Xephos)
- Simon Lane (Honeydew)
- Paul Sykes (Sjin)
- Duncan Jones (Lalna)
- Chris Lovasz (Sips)
- Hannah Rutherford (Lomadia)
- Martyn Littlewood (InTheLittleWood)
- Kim Richards (NanoSounds)
- Chris Trott (Trottimus)
- Alex Smith (Alsmiffy)
- Ross Hornby (Djh3max)
- Mark Turpin (Turpster)
- Joakim Hellstrand (Rythian)
- Liam MacKay (Nilesy)
- Sam Thorne (Strippin)
- Keith Steinbach (BebopVox)
- Zoey Proasheck (Zoeya)
- John Cochrane (Panda)
- Dave Bagnall (DaveChaos)
- Steven Goates (Ridgedog)
- Matt Needler (iFirez)
- Phil Southam (BruteAlmighty)
- Toby Cottrell (SoTotallyToby)
- William Strife (Strife)
- Alex Parvis (Parv)
- Ted Forsyth (Pyrion Flax)
- Rick van Laanen (Zylus)
Also, a pretty big chunk of the Yogscast are staff members who, mostly, work at YogTowers. They are:
- Anya Ferris (MintyMinute)
- Ørjan Aarvik (Teutron)
- Harry Marshall (VeteranHarry)
- Dave Boddington (Bodders)
- Ciaran Askew (Ceeraanoo)
- Adam Davis
- Sam Gibbs
- Colin Bassett
- Tom Clark (Angor)
- Tom Bates
- Si Melton
- Alex Turner
- Adrian Ruiz
- Matt Toffolo
- Ben Edgar
- Nathan Ditum
- Rob Pearson
- Dave Jackson
Some of the original Yogscast staff have left or have been let off. They are:
- Pat Woodward (Peva) used to be the Executive Assistant for the Yogscast. He hosted the Minecraft servers and was the initial website creator. Peva was let off due to a falling out between members of the Yogscast.
- Tinman used to be a Website Manager for the Yogscast and was let off because he had stolen somewhere between $18,000 to $21,000 from the Yogscast Website by redirecting its advertising banners.
- Sean Veck (Phatima) used to be one of the Shadow of Israphel Directors for the Yogscast, but left/was let off for unknown reasons.
- Adam Spencer (GameChap) used to be a YouTube Content Creator for the Yogscast but he, along with Bertie, severed ties with the Yogscast by saying uncivil things to Yognau(gh)ts on the Yogscast Subreddit.
- Paul Spencer (Bertie) used to be a YouTube Content Creator for the Yogscast but he, along with GameChap, severed ties with the Yogscast by saying uncivil things to Yognau(gh)ts on the Yogscast Subreddit.
- Brent Copeland used to be a YouTube Content Creator for the Yogscast but left on good-terms, along with Eric Fullerton, due to financial troubles and time-zone issues.
- Eric Fullerton used to be a YouTube Content Creator for the Yogscast but left on good-terms, along with Brent Copeland, due to financial troubles and time-zone issues.
- Rich Keith used to be the General Manager for the Yogscast, but left on good-terms for unknown reasons.
- Tom Perkins used to be a Community Administrator for the Yogscast, but left on good-terms for unknown reasons.
The Yogscast's name comes from the acronym YOGS, which stands for Ye Olde Goone Squade, the largest European World of Warcraft Goon guild, in which the founding members met. As a WoW guild they were led by guild-master Mearis.
In 2008, Lewis began recording guild activities and posting videos to YouTube on his personal channel 'BlueXephos' under the title of The Yogscast', with "YOGS" being the name of the guild and "cast" referring to broad'cast.